This policy applies to both online and offline collection, storage, processing and transfer of personal information.
Information Collected: We collect various types of information through our sites and other websites where prospective students can express interest in our services, through our mobile applications, over the phone and in person where print materials may be used to collect information from students. Some information is collected automatically through various web and Internet technologies, including social networking tools used by the University to foster communication and collaboration among members of our community. Other information is collected when students provide it in response to an advertisement, a survey or a request for information; apply for admission or financial aid; register for classes; order educational or other products and services; set up a social network or other site profile; or use one of our career resources, learning assessments, or other interactive tools. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect about students.
Information Uses: We will not sell, rent or lease personal information of students to others except as provided in this policy. We may collect, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To determine a student’s admissibility and to register them for their selected educational programs
- To provide requested products and services
- To respond to student inquiries and provide customer support
- To administer promotions in which students have indicated an interest
- For our internal marketing purposes, which includes, but is not limited to, sending students material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to them
- For fostering communication and collaboration among members of the University community through social networks
- For sharing with our Educational Partners who may contact students with respect to their educational or other services
- For sharing with our Educational Partners or Business Associates who are performing services on our behalf
- To analyze how sites and services are being accessed and used
- For Online Behavioral Advertising purposes
- To improve site and service performance and delivery
- To prevent potentially illegal activities (including illegal downloading of copyrighted materials in accordance with our Copyright Infringement and Peer-to-Peer File Sharing policy)