Exemption Statement

Calwest University is sponsored by the Institute of Certified Management Accountants, a bona fide professional organization.  Calwest University, as an institution sponsored by a bona fide professional organization that offers educational programs solely for that organization's membership, has met the qualifications for exemption from regulation under the Act, pursuant to California Education Code (CEC) section 94874 (b). Please note that this does not imply that Calwest University has approval to operate pursuant to section 94886 or 94890 of the Code.  Instead, as an Exempt Institution, it is exempt from regulation under the Act.

International Approval

Australian Education Credentials Standards Agency (AECSA)Calwest University is an approved organization of the Australian Education Credentials Standards Agency (AECSA) [] which is a non-profit organization set up to investigate and categorize the educational standards of universities and professional organizations around the world. Over the years it has investigated over 1,000 universities and professional bodies internationally, and lists all who meet its high certification standards as “approved” organizations. Please note that AECSA is not an accrediting agency, and its approval of Calwest University programs should not be taken in any way as Calwest having accreditation recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.


Calwest's ability to grant degrees (Please Read Prior to Registering as a Student)

  • Calwest University is registered in the State of California, as a Corporation. Calwest University’s corporation number is C3717770. See
  • The ability for a Corporation to grant Legal degrees is governed by the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009 (also called the California Education Code) in the State of California.
  • As the Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA) is a bona fide professional organization, and the degrees are offered ONLY to its members, it is deemed as an Exempt Institution under the California Code. This means it is exempt from regulation under the Act. See
  • With regards to accreditation’ many non-USA based (overseas) students do not understand that ‘accreditation’ is not given by the USA Government, but by Private Regional Accreditation bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Being “accredited” in the USA means that a university’s students can have their studies recognized for credit by other universities in the USA; and get certain Federal jobs and Federal loans to undertake their studies in the USA.
  • If you are hoping to apply for certain Federal jobs and Federal loans to undertake further studies in the USA, then a Calwest university degree program is not for you.